Monday, November 30, 2009

Polar Peril - Part #2

Hi everyone! Well, remember my last adventure with Herbert and Klutzy? They believed I was a POLAR BEAR in my Yeti Costume! Well, if you don't, be sure to check it out HERE.

So I had ran to Cafina's house, and she had an idea. "We have to find facts about Herbert!" she exclaimed.
I nodded and we both set off to research the plotting polar bear.
I headed to the Book Room, but alas, there was nothing there that even talked about Secret Agents in general. After hours of skimming through every book on the shelf, I gave up.
Meanwhile, Cafina was looking through the newspaper archives. There wasn't a thing to be said about Herbert or Klutzy!
Finally I plodded off to relax and try to think things through. I brought my laptop with me to the warm and cozy Ski Lodge (which was also where I had last seen Herbert and Klutzy!) and began to surf the Web. While I was browsing through my friends' Twitter, I came across THIS... AHA!
LOL! Herbert's Twitter! After falling off the sofa laughing, I teleported to the Secret Agent Headquarters to talk to Gary and get to the bottom of it. He was looking over an old invention.
I tapped him on the back nervously. "Uh... G?" I asked. "G!"
He spun around. Behind his thick glasses I could see his surprised eyes. "Good morning, Agent Quin," he said pleasantly, waving his wrench in the air. "I see you're in a hurry! Did you find more information on Herbert?" Pausing for a second, he added, "Or did you see Klutzy?"
"I was trying to find more information, but I found nothing important," I admitted. "The only thing I found was Herbert's Twitter page!"
Gary's eyes widened even more. "Herbert has a Twitter?" He asked, grinning. "Well, let's see..." Gary waddled over to the many flashing monitor screens and sat down, typing away.
"Ha!" Gary laughed, and swiveled around in his chair, tears of laughter in his eyes. Wiping them away, he chuckled. "Good find! I can easily get his PC info from his Twitter... that is, if I know his location. Time to call some PSA members!" With that, he brought out his Spy Phone and rang up Jet Pack Guy and Rookie.
The door swung open and a burst of smoke filled the room, coming from Jet Pack Guy's jet pack. Soon Rookie waddled into the room, excited as could be.
"Hello, agents," Gary said. "Today we'll need to access Herbert P. Bear's personal computer..."
Gary sat back at the computer and began to type furiously. HTML codes and JavaScript filled the screen until all there was remained a jumble of letters.
Suddenly, all of the monitors went black. A second later, the angry face of a very familiar polar bear popped up!

"Hey, what are you doing, breaking into my computer?" he snarled. His eyes fixed on me. "What the-" They narrowed menacingly. "It's YOU! TRAITOR!"

I smiled. "Hi, Herbert. Ready to be shut down?"
Herbert's face became worried. "Wait a second..." he murmured. Then he gasped. "I know all of you! Jet pack penguin, glasses penguin, and green... thing!"
Rookie burned bright red. "I am not a thing," he protested weakly.
The screens faded to black.

A smaller screen popped up. On it was a penguin's silhouette. A deep, friendly voice said, "Dont give up hope, agents. I have tracked his signal, and it seems to be coming from a cave..." It was the Director!
"A cave?" I asked. "Oh yeah! Herbert's cave! It's in the woods. I went there yesterday when Herbert mistook me for another polar bear..."
The Director smiled. "Excellent. Head there right away, but be careful, agent."
"Oh, I'm always careful," I told him, but I wasn't too sure.

I dashed back to the Boiler Room, where Cafina was still searching in the newspaper. "Come on, Cafina!" I cried. "Follow me! There's no time to lose!" Without a word, she dropped the newspaper and followed me as I charged through the Forest and into the wilderness.
Soon Herbert's cave came into view. I shuddered, remembering my last visit there.
Inside, I ignored everything and dashed into Herbert's EPF (Evil Plans for Fowl) room. Cafina followed, red in the face and shivering with fear. "This could get nasty," she whispered urgently.
"That's a risk we've got to take," I replied.

Inside, I logged onto his computer while Cafina looked at his experiments.
I opened up his documents. There were four different folders, but only one seemed to hold something important.
I opened up the EVIL PLANS folder. There was a single Microsoft Word document inside. I opened it up and printed it without reading a word. Someone was knocking onthe door!

"HERBERT!" I shrieked, yanking the paper out of the printer.
"No, it's KLUTZY!" Cafina screamed.

The door burst open and there was Klutzy, clicking his claws menacingly. I shoved him to the side and Cafina and I raced out the door, followed closely by the crab.
We ran until our feet could carry us no more. Cafina swung open the door of an unlocked igloo and we hurried inside, locking the door. "WE MADE IT!" I gasped. Cafina mopped off her forehead and sighed.
Suddenly a loud, hard knocking sounded from the door. With each knock the door rattled. That was no penguin...
"HURRY!" Cafina screamed. I hoisted her up and we both managed to scramble out the window.
"Run, RUN!" I exclaimed. We both pushed and shoved through the woods until we reached the stairs to the Cove.
"We're cornered," Cafina panted, her voice weary. "Herbert will get us! There's nowhere to go!"
"Wait a second..." I muttered, ideas racing through my mind. "That's it!" I snapped my flippers. "I've got an idea!"
I scrambled into the Surf Shack and yanked out some Tiki gear from the Music Jam. I threw a mask and a hula skirt at Cafina. "Hurry and put this on!"

Soon enough, Herbert crashed his way into the Cove, looking angry as a hornet. Other penguins ran from the Cove, screaming, until we were the only ones left. He turned on us. "Have you seen two penguins- both agents?"
I pretended to not know what he was talking about. "Aloha, polar bear," I said, trying to sound Hawaiian.

Herbert rolled his eyes and stormed away. When he was safely out of sight, we hurried back into our regular clothes and skidded through the ice to the Ski Village.
"Into the Maze," Cafina ordered.

As we made our way, I kept imagining the clicking of claws and pounding of paws. "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!" I yelped.
Finally we reached the Yeti Cave. "Hopefully Herbert won't come in here," I sighed, sinking onto a couch. Cafina slid in next to me, breathing hard and utterly confused.

"Read these files," I said, shoving Herbert's EVIL PLANS document at her.
I looked on as she read it. At the top it read "EVIL PLANS TO DO." Underneath was a list of all the things he had ever done to the island, along with a few he hadn't. The complete ones were checked off. My heart pounded as I read the words "Steal puffles of Club Penguin" and "Set fire to Town."

That was nothing compared to the last one: "BLOW UP CLUB PENGUIN."
Oh no! What will Herbert do next? Part #3 coming out soon!

-Peggie Quin

4 comments:

  1. OMG! HERBERT IS SO EVIL? HOW ARE PEGGIE AND I GOING TO SAVE CLUB PENGUIN ISLAND FROM GETTING BLOWN UP??
    LOL, good cliffhanger, Peggie. It's coming out great! Funny, evil, and terrific all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make the edits yourself? Those are really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cafina, Sommfi, and Guineapig :)

    And yes, Guinea, I did make those edits myself. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to comment on this post? Have fun commenting- but please, no spamming, advertising, or cursing.